An Internet Data Fiber line from Wichita Falls to Dallas was cut by a utility company rendering my servers unreachable by most of the world. This cut also cut off Internet to many residential and business Internet customers as well as hosting companies like iThinc. The situation was well out of hand of iThinc and that of iThinc's upstream provider. We'll be looking into alternative backup routes to alleviate this near "act of god" event in the future.. Fiber being cut in the 21st century is a very, very rare accident. This is the first time we've had no connectivity for more than 30 minutes in nearly a decade. No email has been lost, and you should be receiving emails from that down period already or in the near future. Those few emails that were not delivered, the sender will be notified by the sending mail server. The total downtime was from Feb 19 14:15 to Feb 20 04:15, and from what I've read took Level3 Communications, one of the major backbones of the Internet, 10 hours to re-dig 500 feet of new fiber. http://www.texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/major-utility-line-cut-affects-internet-access/982051887 Thank you for your patience during this harrowing time, Jeff
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.