An Internet Data Fiber line from Wichita Falls to Dallas was cut by a utility company rendering my servers unreachable by most of the world. This cut also cut off Internet to many residential and business Internet customers as well as hosting companies like iThinc. The situation was well out of hand of iThinc and that of iThinc's upstream provider. We'll be looking into alternative backup routes to alleviate this near "act of god" event in the future.. Fiber being cut in the 21st century is a very, very rare accident. This is the first time we've had no connectivity for more than 30 minutes in nearly a decade. No email has been lost, and you should be receiving emails from that down period already or in the near future. Those few emails that were not delivered, the sender will be notified by the sending mail server. The total downtime was from Feb 19 14:15 to Feb 20 04:15, and from what I've read took Level3 Communications, one of the major backbones of the Internet, 10 hours to re-dig 500 feet of new fiber. http://www.texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/major-utility-line-cut-affects-internet-access/982051887 Thank you for your patience during this harrowing time, Jeff
Terms and Conditions of Use of this Website
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on iThinc's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on iThinc's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by iThinc at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on iThinc's web site are provided "as is". iThinc makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, iThinc does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall iThinc or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on iThinc's Internet site, even if iThinc or a iThinc authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on iThinc's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. iThinc does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. iThinc may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. iThinc does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
iThinc has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by iThinc of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to iThinc's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.